Tuesday, August 14, 2018

In Lincoln's Time

Living historians Fred and Bonnie Priebe
as the Lincolns at Fort Wilkins at the
top of the UP in Michigan.
Hello. My name is Fred Priebe. Some know me as Abraham Lincoln. Others know me as a guy who used to work as a presenter at Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Michigan. Still others remember me as their Industrial Arts teacher in junior high. A select few know me as their brother. An even smaller number call me "Dad". And one calls me her husband.
"In Lincoln's Time" will focus on Abraham Lincoln and the times in which he lived. This covers the time from 1809 to 1865, but may include happenings before and after these years. Many people know a lot about Lincoln and are referred to as scholars, as they should. Others THINK they know a lot about Lincoln but have not done the research to separate fact from myth. Still others admit to knowing very little about Lincoln but wish to know more about Lincoln, his family,  and the world in which they lived. Hence, this blog.
I do not claim to be a Lincoln scholar. I was once accused of being a Lincoln "Expert". My reply was that an "ex" is a has-been and a "spert" is a drip under pressure. So, if it is all the same to you I will pass on that label.
Through this blog we hope to answer such questions as who was president when Lincoln was born; what were the issues of the day when Lincoln was in the state legislature or in Congress; what kinds of things did Mary buy when shopping in Springfield; what kind of town was Springfield when the Lincolns lived there; who were the boys named after; and many, many more questions that are not answered in history books.
I hope you will join me in this venture as we explore the world of Lincoln and learn more about the man and his times.

If you are interested in knowing more about our work as the Lincolns here is a link to our website:
https://alincolnstyle.net






.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice page and a very good friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Mr. Lincoln I enjoy your blog tremendously. Sincerely Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Fred! I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad we got it together Fred!
    Now I look forward to reading some of that wonderful historical knowledge tucked up in that brain of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to great blogs from a great man. Margaret

    ReplyDelete